By Tamara S. Wagner
Read Online or Download Antifeminism and the Victorian Novel: Rereading Nineteenth-Century Women Writers PDF
Similar literary victorian criticism books
'I am prone to imagine that we'd like new varieties . . . in addition to thoughts', confessed Elizabeth Barrett to Robert Browning in 1845. The Oxford guide of Victorian Poetry presents a closely-read appreciation of the vibrancy and diversity of Victorian poetic kinds, and attends to poems as either formed and shaping forces.
Competitive coverage, enthusiastic information insurance and sensational novelistic type mixed to create a particular picture of Britain's Empire in late-Victorian print media. the hot Journalism, the hot Imperialism and the Fiction of Empire, 1870-1900 lines this phenomenon in the course of the paintings of editors, certain correspondents and authors.
Byronic Heroes in Nineteenth-Century Women's Writing and display version charts a brand new bankruptcy within the altering fortunes of a distinct cultural phenomenon. This ebook examines the afterlives of the Byronic hero in the course of the paintings of nineteenth-century girls writers and reveal diversifications in their fiction.
Anna Brownwell Jameson (1794-1869) used to be a imperative determine within the London global of letters and artwork within the early Victorian interval, and an incredible feminist author. Her pals integrated such figures as Harriet Martineau, girl Byron, Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett Browning. This research considers her lifestyles and works, utilizing a special Jameson paintings because the imperative concentration of every bankruptcy.
- The Oxford Handbook of the Victorian Novel (Oxford Handbooks)
- Victorian Children’s Literature: Experiencing Abjection, Empathy, and the Power of Love (Critical Approaches to Children's Literature)
- Gerard Manley Hopkins and the Victorian Visual World
- The Late Victorian Folksong Revival: The Persistence of English Melody, 1878-1903
- Disease, Desire, and the Body in Victorian Women's Popular Novels (Cambridge Studies in Nineteenth-Century Literature and Culture)
- Lewis Carroll and the Victorian Stage: Theatricals in a Quiet Life (The Nineteenth Century Series)
Extra resources for Antifeminism and the Victorian Novel: Rereading Nineteenth-Century Women Writers
Antifeminism and the Victorian Novel: Rereading Nineteenth-Century Women Writers by Tamara S. Wagner