By Laurence W. Mazzeno,Ronald D. Morrison
Read Online or Download Animals in Victorian Literature and Culture: Contexts for Criticism (Palgrave Studies in Animals and Literature) PDF
Best literary victorian criticism books
'I am vulnerable to imagine that we'd like new kinds . . . in addition to thoughts', confessed Elizabeth Barrett to Robert Browning in 1845. The Oxford guide of Victorian Poetry offers a closely-read appreciation of the vibrancy and diversity of Victorian poetic kinds, and attends to poems as either formed and shaping forces.
Competitive coverage, enthusiastic information insurance and sensational novelistic type mixed to create a particular photograph of Britain's Empire in late-Victorian print media. the recent Journalism, the hot Imperialism and the Fiction of Empire, 1870-1900 lines this phenomenon throughout the paintings of editors, exact correspondents and authors.
Byronic Heroes in Nineteenth-Century Women's Writing and reveal version charts a brand new bankruptcy within the altering fortunes of a distinct cultural phenomenon. This e-book examines the afterlives of the Byronic hero during the paintings of nineteenth-century girls writers and display variations in their fiction.
Anna Brownwell Jameson (1794-1869) used to be a relevant determine within the London global of letters and artwork within the early Victorian interval, and an enormous feminist author. Her pals incorporated such figures as Harriet Martineau, woman Byron, Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett Browning. This examine considers her existence and works, utilizing a unique Jameson paintings because the principal concentration of every bankruptcy.
- Still Life: Suspended Development in the Victorian Novel
- H. D. and the Victorian Fin de Siècle: Gender, Modernism, Decadence (Cambridge Studies in American Literature and Culture)
- Victorian Settler Narratives: Emigrants, Cosmopolitans and Returnees in Nineteenth-Century Literature: Volume 9 (Gender and Genre)
- Dickens, Reynolds, and Mayhew on Wellington Street: The Print Culture of a Victorian Street (The Nineteenth Century Series)
- Fiction, Famine, and the Rise of Economics in Victorian Britain and Ireland (Cambridge Studies in Nineteenth-Century Literature and Culture)
- Matthew Arnold: The Critical Heritage Volume 2 The Poetry: Volume 41 (The Collected Critical Heritage : Victorian Thinkers)
Extra resources for Animals in Victorian Literature and Culture: Contexts for Criticism (Palgrave Studies in Animals and Literature)
Animals in Victorian Literature and Culture: Contexts for Criticism (Palgrave Studies in Animals and Literature) by Laurence W. Mazzeno,Ronald D. Morrison